Παρασκευή 31 Μαΐου 2019

POPE FRANCIS AT COTROCENI PALACE: WITH FRATERNAL LOVE I GREET HIS BEATITUDE DANIEL, MY BROTHER



In his speech delivered on Friday at Cotroceni Palace, Pope Francis addressed cordial greetings to His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel.

„With fraternal love I greet His Beatitude Daniel, my brother”, Pope Francis said.
„My respectful greeting goes (…) to the Metropolitans and Bishops of the Holy Synod, and to all the faithful of the Romanian Orthodox Church”.
The Pope also thanked the President and the Prime Minister of Romania for the invitation to visit Romania.
„I am happy to find myself in your beautiful land”.
He also addressed the issue of migration during his first speech in Romania.
„I pay homage to the sacrifices endured by so many sons and daughters of Romania who, by their culture, their distinctive identity and their industriousness, have enriched those countries to which they have emigrated, and by the fruit of their hard work have helped their families who have remained at home”.
At the end of his speech, Pope Francis wished Romania “prosperity and peace.”